Saturday, September 12, 2015

Obento come-back

Japanese school has started up again. Which means...bento-making is back as a part of my Saturday morning routine. This bento consists of a hamburger patty (ground beef, onions, panko bread crumbs and egg; after grilling it with the cover on the pan (so that it also kind of steams itself), it spends some time in a "sauce" bath -- I think I've written about Japanese "sauce" before, but it's something like Worcestershire sauce. Well, usually my kid doesn't like any sauce on his food, but I'm trying to break that a bit), grape tomatoes, blueberries (they weren't very sweet, so I rubbed them in some sugar -- gah! I know, but US fruit is sooooo hit or miss -- probably because the seasons are sooooo long (the market near me has had blueberries every time I go since April...)), burdock root (cut and simmered in cooking sake, mirin, soy sauce, salt and sugar <--the holy grail of all Japanese cooking) and a rolled omelet.

さあ、補習校の秋学期が始まったので、お弁当作りにまた挑戦いたしまあす!息子のあんまり気に入ったないソースのものですが、なんと全部食べてくれました!ヾ( ̄∇ ̄=ノ バンザーイ♪

ソースに煮込んだハンバーグ、グレープトマト、
ブルーベリー(甘くなかった(アメリカだから)ので、お砂糖をかけて)、ごぼうと卵焼き。

Copyright © 2015 busy weekend mama. Content may not be reproduced, republished or mirrored.
加工・転載禁止

No comments:

Post a Comment